Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Wow!

I happened to pick up Indiscretion by Charles Dubow.  I had seen it written up and the reviews were good so I decided to dig in and read it.  I had no idea what I was in for.

Indiscretion is about a group of friends.  At the core of the group is Harry Winslow, a best-selling author, his wife Maddy, Maddy's best friend Walter (who narrates the story) and Claire, a young woman the friends meet one summer.

It is when they meet Claire that their lives will be forever changed.  It is a gripping story and you don't want to put it down.  The story is based in the Hamptons, New York City, Paris and Rome.

I don't want to give away the story but the end is so good that I was reading on the treadmill and felt my knees buckle.  I had goosebumps all over my body.

If you are looking for a good book with lots of great characters, this is it.  This a bookclub book for sure.  The characters are all multi-dimensional and the conversations would be very interesting.






No comments:

Post a Comment