Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The List-Skip it!

I was looking for something to read that wasn't too intense and had seen The List mentioned in one of the newsletters I subscribe to.  I decided to pick it up.  It is about a young woman (Adrienne Brown) that leaves her position as a writer for Town & Country's style section in New York, to return to her childhood home in Virginia and work for a political magazine in DC.

While the story was funny at times, I couldn't get into the characters.  There really wasn't one I can say I truly liked.  Adrienne annoyed me.  I found her to be a bit pathetic and needy.  I was very turned off by her desire for a married man.  I don't want to give too much away, in case you do want to read it, but I would strongly urge you to find another book.  This one was a real waste of time (and money).

No comments:

Post a Comment