Monday, July 30, 2012

Never Tell

Just finished reading Alafair Burke's latest, Never Tell: A Novel of Suspense. I read about it on a webiste (I can't remember which one), and knowing I thought her last book was fantastic, I picked this one up immediately.

Never Tell: A Novel of Suspense is part of a series about Ellie Hatcher, an NYPD detective.  I didn't know this upon starting the book and realized quickly that I didn't need to read the previous books in the series to understand what was going on.  I wish now that I had read the earlier books, because I loved the characters and really enjoy Alafair Burke's storytelling.

The story is about a teenager NYPD detectives assume committed suicide.  The girl's mother doesn't believe her daughter would ever kill herself and demands an investigation.  Because the family is well connected, they are able to convince the NYPD to investigate and the story takes off from there.   The book is very good and will keep you guessing until the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment