Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Couldn't put it down!

I was trying to find a new book and had some samples on my Kindle.  I wanted something good to read that would keep me interested.  I never imagined when I started reading in the morning, that I would pick the book up again in the early evening and continue to read it until I finished at 1:30am!  Needless to say, it was a good book and I was exhausted the next day!

I am taking about Me Before You by Jojo Moyes.  The book description intrigued me.  The story is about Louisa, who has just lost her job and is searching for a new one.  She is from a working class family and her family depends on her income.  After many attempts to find employment, she interviews for a job working as a caregiver to a man that is a quadriplegic.

Will was in an accident which left him unable to move from the neck down.  He is young, angry and not the friendliest.   Louis is challenged and without giving anything away, she finds out exactly why she was hired, which changes her life in so many ways.

This is a great book.  So many terrific characters and issues to discuss.  This would be a wonderful book club selection.   I couldn't wait to see what happened next.



No comments:

Post a Comment